Tuesday, March 10, 2009

1 out of 4 ain't bad?

It's been more time than I wanted to allow since my last post, but unfortunately these seeds have been reluctant to do much. Incidentally, only one pot out of my four original pots has produced sprouts, but in that single pot, there are several successful plants. The key will be to let them grow together for now and then salvage as many of them as possible by transplanting. The sprouts actually showed up a few days ago but they were minuscule, and I had my doubts as to whether they would even show up on camera at all. So I waited patiently, and I can now give you, dear readers, a snapshot of my infantile tobacco plants:


I can't tell you what that particular quality was about the other 3 potsworth of seed that led them not to sprout, but if nothing else, I've gotten a fair bit of satisfaction in having watched natural selection unfold right before me. Indeed, only those plants which have escaped death by my own incompetence will survive to reproduce. Next time I'll be keeping a notebook in order to better determine where I erred.

No comments:

Post a Comment