Sunday, March 29, 2009

Perhaps I spoke too soon

In my last post I wrote about how three out of four of my pots had not produced any plants. When I thought that they were a lost cause, I stopped watering them altogether, and instead concentrated all of my efforts on my singularly productive pot. At that time, the pot had about 9 sprouts, yet as those 9 sprouts grew I found that new sprouts were continuing to come forth. I hypothesized that if these sprouts could germinate without having been covered, then the seeds in the other three pots still might stand a chance, and so I set out to water them for a test period to see if I had been mistaken. As it turns out, each of the 3 barren pots has produced me a single sprout. That's better than nothing, certainly, and it's even convenient because I won't have any trouble transplanting them due to intertwined root-systems or other complications.

As for the original pot, it appears to be thriving!


I also made a wooden box for growing from the railing on my balcony so that not everything is on the floor. It's not finished yet, but you get the idea.

1 comment:

  1. Thriving indeed! That's a nice bit of handy work on the box as well.

    ReplyDelete